Thursday, March 31, 2005

.: It happens again :.

On the midnight of 29th March 2005 ( I hope i got the date right ), when I was about to go to bed I felt an uneasy feeling about my chair and I felt dizzy after that. Then my bro was back from outside and we chatted a little, I saw a MSN message popped up on his screen and it was from my friend too with the message "Earth quake again!!!". And I got the same message right after that. She's from Penang. Then I realized the reason why I felt the strange move about my chair just not long ago. Was I being sensitive? I posted message to my friend who's in Melacca and he said he felt it too. I sent SMS to my cousin who's in Penang to ask if his family was okay over there, but there ain't any reply, I assumed he was already asleep as he's basically a busy man in the day. I prayed hard I'll get his reply as soon as possible.

The first thought on my mind was "Oh no... where again?" Would it be like the last time? Would the tsunami strike again and affect to Malay Peninsula like last time? I told my friend in Penang to make calls to her friends and relatives who's in Penang to not sleep too deadly, just in case there's another tsunami happens again. And I began to think the homes that are just rebuilt in Indonesia since the last tsunami, and the people who are not yet recovered fully from the last disaster, would they be able to take this strike again?

I went to bed worrying if there's another tsunami which would or would not come to Malay Peninsula.... I worried about my friend and relative in Penang. I woke up in the next morning and I checked the news in cnn.com . Yes there was an earthquake happened in Sumatera and it's rated 8.5. A scary one. I got my cousin's reply in the morning saying he's alright. And my friend in Penang sent me a SMS to tell me she's there is fine too. When I got home in the afternoon, as I was sitting on my computer chair doing some stuff, I felt the shake again. This time was even worse than the night before. My chair moved forward, backward and forward as if there's a force pushing from behind. Awkward! It has never moved like that before, I thought it was because of strong wind as my fan volume was 4. But I on the fan to volume 4 everytime so it is impossible. I walked out and asked my mom if she felt anything. She said yes, her chair moved too and the glass door beside her shook too. She thought it was because of strong wind as well. Then my only feeling was "Oh no... another time. This time is even worse. How are the people in Banda Aceh..." The feeling was so bad because you know earthquake wont start in Malaysia as we all learned in Geography during secondary school, but if we can feel it here, wouldn't it be serious in the happening place? But we can't do anything except giving donation afterwards. It felt lousy.

Well, I just pray that the people there will be fine. Helps and assists are continuously given to them. As for all of us here, really gotta learn to treasure the people around you because you dont know when you will lose them. And treasure everything that you're having now - comfortable home, undisturbed sleep, full meal, laughters and love. And be happy for what you've got now. PEACE.

No comments: